Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook
DescriptionTake a bite out of Diana Gabaldon's New York Times bestselling Outlander novels, the inspiration for the hit Starz series, with this immersive official cookbook from Outlander Kitchen founder Theresa Carle-Sanders! "If you thought Scottish cuisine was all porridge and haggis washed down with a good swally of whiskey, Outlander Kitchen's here to prove you wrong."--Entertainment Weekly
Claire Beauchamp Randall's incredible journey from postwar Britain to eighteenth-century Scotland and France is a feast for all five senses, and taste is no exception. From Claire's first lonely bowl of porridge at Castle Leoch to the decadent roast beef served after her hasty wedding to Highland warrior Jamie Fraser, from gypsy stew and jam tarts to fried chicken and buttermilk drop biscuits, there are enough mouth-watering meals along the way to whet the appetite of even the most demanding palate. Now professional chef and founder of Outlander Kitchen Theresa Carle-Sanders offers up this extraordinary cuisine for your table. Featuring more than one hundred recipes, Outlander Kitchen retells Claire and Jamie's incredible story through the flavors of the Scottish Highlands, the French Revolution, and beyond. Yet amateur chefs need not fear: These doable, delectable recipes have been updated for today's modern kitchens. Here are just a few of the dishes that will keep the world of Outlander on your mind morning, noon, and nicht: - Breakfast: Yeasted Buckwheat Pancakes; A Coddled Egg for Duncan; Bacon, Asparagus, and Wild Mushroom Omelette
- Appetizers: Cheese Savories; Rolls with Pigeons and Truffles; Beer-Battered Corn Fritters
- Soups & Stocks: Cock-a-Leekie Soup; Murphy's Beef Broth; Drunken Mock-Turtle Soup
- Mains: Peppery Oyster Stew; Slow-Cooked Chicken Fricassee; Conspirators' Cassoulet
- Sides: Auld Ian's Buttered Leeks; Matchstick Cold-Oil Fries; Honey-Roasted Butternut Squash
- Bread & Baking: Pumpkin Seed and Herb Oatcakes; Fiona's Cinnamon Scones; Jocasta's Auld Country Bannocks
- Sweets & Desserts: Black Jack Randall's Dark Chocolate Lavender Fudge; Warm Almond Pastry with Father Anselm; Banoffee Trifle at River Run With full-color photographs and plenty of extras--including cocktails, condiments, and preserves--Outlander Kitchen is an entertainment experience to savor, a wide-ranging culinary crash course, and a time machine all rolled into one. Forget bon appétit. As the Scots say, ith do leòr!
June 14, 2016
7.7 X 1.0 X 9.1 inches | 2.1 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Theresa Carle-Sanders is a professional chef, food writer, and unabashed fan of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. She lives on a small island in the Salish Sea between Vancouver and Victoria in Canada with her husband, Howard, and their dog, Koda.
"Fans of Diana Gabaldon's time-traveling, kilt-ripping series will do the Highland fling for recipes such as Auld Ian's Buttered Leeks and Banoffee Trifle at River Run."--Publishers Weekly "If you thought Scottish cuisine was all porridge and haggis washed down with a good swally of whiskey, Outlander Kitchen's here to prove you wrong."--Entertainment Weekly "It's a well-handled mix of researched historical fiction, romance, science fiction, fantasy, and--importantly--delicious food."--Vancouver Sun "Theresa Carle-Sanders has done a great job creating recipes that are well crafted, easy to follow, bringing to our plates and palates meals that could have been made long ago (now of course with modern ingredients)."--Kate McDermott, author of Art of the Pie "The only thing better than eating this roast at my wedding with Jamie would be eating this roast on my wedding night."--Buzzfeed