The purpose of the People's Homeless Task Force Orange County (PHTFOC) is to spark, create, and promote ideas and programs focused on dissolving and eliminating hunger and housing insecurity for people suffering from abject poverty while residing in Orange County, California. Friends of PHTFOC are focused on a wide variety of projects helping the unhoused communities throughout Orange County; including, helping unhoused individuals navigate the county and cities homeless resources, as applicable and when available.
Below are projects PHTFOC is regularly focused on:
- collecting and distributing jackets, socks, blankets, personal hygiene kits, food boxes, backpacks, water bottles,
- providing public education at county, city, and community meetings
- practicing public oversight to stop the criminalization of the unhoused
- connecting unhoused individuals with community, city, and county temporary and permanent housing resources
- connecting unhoused individuals with community, city, county health care resources