Book Beat is a bookshop serving the metro Detroit community since 1982. Our store is temporarily closed to the public due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We can be reached Mon.-Sat. 10 AM- 5 PM at (248) 968-1190 and are happy to place direct orders. If you live in the area you can pick up your order curb-side during our new hours. We mail out daily via media mail, and for a limited time all shipments will be $3 purchased direct from the store, no matter the size. Your support from Bookshop.org or direct from the store are much appreciated.
We specialize in Art, Photography, Children's Books and Quality Lit. When not fighting health emergencies, we host author events in-store and throughout the city. Our reading group spotlights World Lit in translation, and (in better times) meets once a month except in December. Stay happy, Stay healthy, and Stay reading!
- To reach us during store hours or to place an order directly, call: (248) 968-1190.
- If you live in metro Detroit, we are now offering curb side pickup at the store.
- We post our out-of-print and rare books on the Biblio.com Website.
- Our online website and newsletter blog is located at www.thebookbeat.com/backroom
- Fans of Audio books can order from https://libro.fm/bookbeat When you start a membership with code SHOPBOOKSTORESNOW, you’ll get two audiobooks for the price of one ($14.99), and 100% of your payment will go to Book Beat.
Thank you for placing your book orders through Book Beat and Bookshop.org. We are grateful for your support. It not only helps us but also helps the community of independent bookstores.
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
– Gerorge Eliot