A Clarion Call to Emerging Leaders: Step Up and Lead Now!
In True North: Emerging Leaders Edition, renowned leadership expert Bill George and Millennial tech entrepreneur Zach Clayton issue the challenge to emerging leaders--from Gen X to Millennials and Gen Z--to lead their organizations authentically through never-ending crises to make this world a better place for everyone.
Emerging leaders do so by discovering their "True North"--who they are--and then finding their "North Star"--their leadership purpose. To navigate today's complexities, George and Clayton show emerging leaders how to lead with their hearts, not just their heads, with passion, compassion, and moral courage by being true to their values to reach their full potential as they take on great challenges and navigate complex issues.
Harvard professor Bill George, with four best-selling books to his credit including the timeless classic True North, is the former CEO of Medtronic who established authentic leadership in 2003. He teams up with Zach Clayton, an emerging leader still amid his own leadership development journey, to give emerging leaders the definitive guide for leading in today's complex world.
The Emerging Leader Edition is filled with dramatic stories from successful leaders such as Microsoft's Satya Nadella and Merck's Ken Frazier to PepsiCo's Indra Nooyi and General Motors' Mary Barra, and emerging leaders like OneTrust's Kabir Barday and Kanbrick's Tracy Britt Cool of how they overcame great challenges to build highly successful organizations.
The book offers concrete suggestions for:
- Becoming an authentic leader, equipped to lead inclusively with moral clarity through challenges and crises
- Cultivating regular introspection to ground yourself with self-awareness, live your values, and use your unique strengths
- Integrating all aspects of your life--including who you are at home, at work, and in the community
- Understanding how Millennials are leading more effectively in today's world
- Being an inclusive leader prepared to take on fraught issues like stakeholder challenges, racial and sexual equality, and sexual misconduct
- Knowing when--and how--leaders should speak out on today's complex public issues
The Emerging Leader Edition of True North is the classic guide for every current and aspiring leader to reach their full, authentic potential.