When managing massive amounts of information is part of your job and daily life, how do you transform a feeling of being overwhelmed into a sense of abundance and empowerment?
This groundbreaking guide delivers the practical insights and strategies you need to build a positive relationship with information and excel at work and in all your ventures.
Ross Dawson draws on his work as a leading futurist and 25 years of research into the practices that transform a surplus of information into compelling value. In Thriving on Overload, he shares simple actionable techniques for staying ahead in an accelerating world. It's all about choosing to thrive on overload―rather than being overwhelmed by it. Develop the five intertwined powers that enable extraordinary performance in a world of overload:
- Purpose: understanding why you engage with information enables a healthier relationship that generates success and balance in your life
- Framing: creating frameworks that connect information into meaningful patterns builds deep knowledge, insight, and world-class expertise
- Filtering: discerning which information best serves you helps surface valuable signals above the pervasive noise
- Attention: allocating your awareness with intent--including laser-like focus and serendipitous discovery--maximizes productivity and outcomes
- Synthesis: expanding your capacity to integrate a universe of ideas yields powerful insight, the ability to see opportunities first, and improved decision-making
Discover valuable lessons from some of the world's most extraordinary "information masters"--entrepreneurs, investors, executives, and researchers who excel at transforming vast mines of data into the solid gold of insight and effective action.
Packed with clear guidance, useful exercises, engaging stories, and handy resources, Thriving on Overload
helps you build the capabilities that enable you to outperform your peers and prosper as never before in a world defined by excessive information.
About the Author
Ross Dawson is a world-leading futurist, entrepreneur, and keynote speaker. He is Founding Chairman of the Advanced Human Technologies group of companies, with clients including industry leaders, such as Boston Consulting Group, Citibank, Coca-Cola, Google, Interpublic Group, Microsoft, News Limited, Oracle, Procter & Gamble, PwC, Visa, and Walmart. Dawson is in strong demand globally, having delivered keynote speeches and strategy workshops to business and government leaders in over 30 countries. He appears frequently in media, such as ABC TV, BBC, The Guardian, New York Times, and VICE, among many others.