Alex North (Author)
Buy new or used from an indie through our partner Biblio:
July 07, 2020
6.3 X 9.3 X 1.2 inches | 1.1 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Alex North is the internationally bestselling author of The Whisper Man and The Shadows. He lives in Leeds, England, with his wife and son, and is a British crime writer who has previously published under another name.
Praise for THE SHADOWSThis is absorbing, headlong reading, a play on classic horror with an inventiveness of its own... As with all the best illusions, you are left feeling not tricked, but full of wonder.
- The New York Times If you liked The Whisper Man, you'll love this. Alex North has crafted a second novel which is just as gripping as his first and even scarier. Hugely atmospheric and deliciously creepy, it's about how the past encroaches on the present, and how dreaming influences reality, until in the frightening world of The Shadows, it becomes harder and harder to tell one from the other... and the nightmare takes over.
- Alex Michaelides, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Silent Patient North follows up his sensational debut, 2019's The Whisper Man, with another terrifying spine-tingler... This heart-pounding page-turner is impossible to put down.
- Publishers Weekly (starred review) Expect to be electrified by the author's total mastery of misdirection. This second stunning thriller firmly establishes North as a rapturous teller of tales.
- Booklist (starred review) Before this twisty story ends, there are many surprises....a successful, creepy thriller. If you like Stephen King, you'll probably like North's new thriller, too.
- Library Journal Praise for THE WHISPER MAN "Works beautifully... If you like being terrified, The Whisper Man has your name on it."
- The New York Times (Editor's Pick) "Superb."
- Publishers Weekly (starred review) "Poignant and terrifying...Take a deep breath before diving into this one."
- Entertainment Weekly "Brilliant...an affirmation of the power of the father-son relationship...will satisfy readers of Thomas Harris and Stephen King."
- Booklist (starred review) "A terrifying page-turner with the complexities of fatherhood at its core."
- Kirkus Reviews "A powerful and scary story that will haunt readers long after the final page is turned."
- Library Journal "First it's spooky. Then it's scary. Then it's terrifying. And then... well, dear reader, proceed at your own risk. An ambitious, deeply satisfying thriller--a seamless blend of Harlan Coben, Stephen King, and Thomas Harris. My flesh is still crawling."
- A.J. Finn, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Woman in the Window