The Radiant Heart of the Cosmos: Compassion Teachings for Our Time
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Praise for The Radiant Heart of the Cosmos
Into a world desperate for healing and consumed by fear, The Radiant Heart of the Cosmos throws a wise and compassionate lifeline. By courageously sharing her own experiences, Penny Gill leads us into the depths of the heart center-"the royal road to awakening"-and shows us that by facing our suffering and fear, we open a portal to our wholeness and the only doorway to our future.
-Patricia Pearce, author of Beyond Jesus: My Spiritual Odyssey
The Radiant Heart of the Cosmos is a profound, practical, personal and political treatise on transformation through meeting our fears and constrictions with kindness. Facing a world caught between disaster and rebirth, Gill's deep wisdom, expressed in an intimate human voice and in the voice of spirit guides, invites us to walk a path of healing for ourselves, each other and the planet.
- Rabbi Sheila Peltz Weinberg, co-founder of the Institute for Jewish Spirituality, author of God Loves the Stranger and the forthcoming Let Us All Breathe Together
Penny Gill has written a thrilling book, truly an adventure in consciousness, both deeply personal and immeasurably vast. Filled with inspired teachings, she weaves together three voices-her two Teachers, Manjushri and Kuan Yin, and her own voice. They invite us into the mysteries of the Spiral Path, a journey of healing and awakening that transforms fear and suffering, reclaims the Divine Feminine, and opens the heart for teachings about compassion and the cosmic Heart Center. Through her courageous inner work and guided by her Teachers, Penny gives us a soaring vision, filled with inspiration and hope. This wise and compassionate book is a gift for you and everyone you love.
- Olivia Ames Hoblitzelle, author of Ten Thousand Joys and Ten Thousand Sorrows: A Couple's Journey Through Alzheimer's and Aging with Wisdom: Reflections, Stories, and Teachings.
Devoted seeker and teacher Penny Gill invites the reader on her courageous journey from persistent lifelong despair to spiritual transformation. In emphasizing compassion as a way forward, she offers a path that can both soothe the savage internal beasts and, if applied widely, also help the healing of our ailing world in its current moment of peril and estrangement. "Either we break open our hearts to discover the fountain of compassion and kindness within," she writes, "or we literally destroy ourselves and our world."
- Paula Green, founder of the Karuna Center for Peacebuilding; Professor Emerita, School for International Training, Putney, Vermont
A profound and courageous book that speaks to anyone who yearns for personal and planetary healing. Read it quickly to expand your horizons or sip it slowly to open your heart and nourish your soul.
- Richard Sclove, author of Escaping Maya's Palace: Decoding an Ancient Myth to Heal the Hidden Madness of Modern Civilization
If you are a spiritual seeker longing to deepen your ability to recognize and respond to the Holy revealed within your own heart and the heart of the world, Penny Gill is a faithful and generous guide. With courage, wisdom, candor and deep kindness she takes us by the hand, leading us through fear into compassion and joy.
- Rev. Rachel Bauman, M. Div. Pastor and Spiritual Director, St. John's United Church of Christ, Madeline Island, WI