Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
"The Outside is a beautiful, stark reclamation of unknowable horror. Hoffman layers thoughtful worldbuilding and rich prose to build a stunning story of power, ambition and personal agency. I couldn't put The Outside down for fear of what might happen while I was looking away."
- Sarah Gailey, Hugo Award-winning author of River of Teeth
- Karin Tidbeck, award-winning author of Amatka and Jagannath "The Outside is spooky, high-stakes, mind-bending Science Fiction."
- Kelly Robson, Nebula Award-winning author"The Outside is a powerful, striking debut, and Ada Hoffmann is an author to watch."
- Bogi Takács, Lambda award winner, Hugo and Locus award finalist "Hoffmann has created a beautifully immersive world, an intoxicating blend of science and divinity that held me captive from page one."
- Caitlin Starling, author of The Luminous Dead "A stunningly imagined novel!"
- Charles Payseur, Quick Sip Reviews "The Outside starts with a bang and ratchets everything up from there,"
- Sarah Pinsker, Nebula Award-winning author of Our Lady of the Open Road "Hoffmann confidently layers morality and disability rights into a breezily told adventure that bursts with sheer fun."
- Publishers Weekly "Ada Hoffmann's The Outside feels like it was made to order for us"
- Skiffy and Fanty blog "Truly operatic stuff."
- B&N SciFi & Fantasy Blog "The Outside is a gripping examination of the battle between good and evil on a grand scale"
- the Guardian "The Outside is a science-fiction suspense novel like no other."
- B&N Sci Fi & Fantasy Blog "The Outside is a definite mind-bender, serving up shock and awe from the start."
- Reviews and Robots "Deeply embedded in sci-fi history, The Outside reimagines old stories in new, exciting, #ownvoices ways."
- Book Riot "The Outside is a fantastic debut. I can't wait to see what Hoffman does next."
- Locus "exciting and gripping space opera"
- SyFy Wire "Though Yasira, as the driving force behind the action, is sympathetic, readers who like an unlikable narrator will enjoy spending time in the other characters' points of view."