"Pay attention."--Jason Fried
A revolutionary roadmap for building startups that go the distance
Now more than ever, you don't need a fancy office, Ivy League degree, or millions of dollars in venture capital to launch a business that matters for the communities you care most about. Software, the internet, and remote work have made it possible for entrepreneurs to start for free, make a customer of anyone, and grow a profitable, sustainable company from anywhere.
Packed with hard-won, battle-tested lessons from Lavingia's own journey of building Gumroad, a platform for creators to sell their work, The Minimalist Entrepreneur
teaches founders how to:
- start then learn
- build a community, then solve a problem for them
- charge for something even before you've built anything
- avoid running out of money and, more importantly, energy
- run a tight ship amid the rise of the gig economy and remote work
- own a business without it owning you back. The Minimalist Entrepreneur
is the manifesto for a new generation of founders who would rather build great companies than big ones. This is essential knowledge for every founder aspiring to build a business worth building.