The hit PBS cooking competition returns! Dish up all the standout recipes--familiar favorites and bold new flavors--from Season 2.
In the second season of The Great American Recipe
, a new set of the country's most talented home cooks shared the stories of their lives, backgrounds, communities, and cultures, all told through food.
In this companion cookbook, you'll bring home more than 100 new recipes from the cast, host, and judges: Meals that made their big moments memorable. Family treasures handed down through generations. Iconic regional foods and twists on everyday classics. And even the weeknight standbys they turn to for quick, family-friendly dinners.
In short, this is the best of American home cooking, in all of its incredible diversity--from the East Coast to the islands of Hawai'i, from indigenous to immigrant families.
Accompanied by gorgeous food photography as well as captivating images from on-set, these recipes are accessible for home cooks and sure to become favorites at your table. You'll get to know more about your favorite contestants while learning how to make the standout recipes featured on the series, including:
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup with Garlic Knots
- Bison Pho
- Grab and Go Breakfast Burritos
- Not My Mom's Noodle Kugel
- Traditional Southern Shrimp & Grits
- Beef and Lamb Semolina Meatballs in Red Sauce
- Chicken Curry and Oil Roti
- Rocky Mountain Trout with Stuffed Poblanos
- BBQ Glazed Pork Ribs with KC Cheesy Corn
- Dan Dan Sliders
- Corn Chaat with Curried Watermelon
- Croque Madame Mini Quiches with Dijon Bechamel
- Liliko'i (Passion Fruit) Bars
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Cups