The Esv, MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition, Hardcover: Unleashing God's Truth One Verse at a Time
Dr. John MacArthur's exhaustive study notes provide access to over 50 years of ministry to aid in a better understanding of God's word.
Over 2 million readers around the world have had their spiritual lives enriched and their understanding of God's Word expanded by The MacArthur Study Bible. Drawing on more than fifty years of dedicated pastoral and scholarly work, Dr. John MacArthur's verse-by-verse study notes, book introductions, and articles display an unparalleled commitment to interpretive precision--with the goal of making God known through His Word.
- Fully redesigned second edition with updated study notes and expanded selection of maps and charts
- Bible book introductions provide an overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
- Nearly 25,000 verse-by-verse study notes for a better understanding of Scripture
- 190 in-text maps, charts, and diagrams provide a visual representation of meanings, themes, teachings, people, and places of Scripture
- Outline of Systematic Theology to guide you to study biblical doctrine in a logical order
- Over 72,000 references allow you to find related passages quickly and easily
- Concordance for looking up a word's occurrences throughout the Bible
- Bible reading plans to guide you through reading God's Word daily
- Chronology of Old Testament Patriarchs and Judges
- Chronology of Old Testament Kings and Prophets
- Chronology of the New Testament
- Overviews of Christ's Life, Ministry, and Passion Week
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Introductions to each major section of Scripture
- Index to Key Bible Doctrines
- Easy-to-read 9.5-point print
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Widely known for his thorough, candid approach to teaching God's Word, John MacArthur is a popular author and conference speaker. He has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, since 1969. John and his wife, Patricia, have four married children and fifteen grandchildren. John's pulpit ministry has been extended around the globe through his media ministry, Grace to You, and its satellite offices in seven countries. In addition to producing daily radio programs for nearly two thousand English and Spanish radio outlets worldwide, Grace to You distributes books, software, and digital recordings by John MacArthur. John is chancellor of The Master's University and Seminary and has written hundreds of books and study guides, each one biblical and practical. Bestselling titles include The Gospel According to Jesus, Twelve Ordinary Men, Twelve Extraordinary Women, Slave, and The MacArthur Study Bible, a 1998 ECPA Gold Medallion recipient.