The Book Club Cookbook: Recipes and Food for Thought from Your Book Club's Favorite Books and Authors (Revised, Updated)
Description"Part cookbook, part celebration of the written word, [The Book Club Cookbook] illustrates how books and ideas can bring people together."
"We are what we eat, they say. We can eat what we read, too. The Book Club Cookbook by Judy Gelman and Vicki Levy Krupp (Tarcher/Penguin, $21.95), first published in 2004 and now newly updated and revised, offers up dozens of new recipes inspired by book clubs' favorite books, their characters and authors."
--Flavorwire "The Book Club Cookbook excels at offering book groups new title ideas and a culinary way to spice up their discussions."
--Library Journal Whether it's Roman Punch for The Age of Innocence, or Sabzi Challow (spinach and rice) with Lamb for The Kite Runner, or Swedish Meatballs and Glögg for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, nothing spices up a book club meeting like great eats. Featuring recipes and discussion ideas from bestselling authors and book clubs across the country, this fully revised and updated edition of the classic book guides readers in selecting and preparing culinary masterpieces that blend perfectly with the literary masterpieces their club is reading. This edition features new contributions from a host of today's bestselling authors including:
- Kathryn Stockett, The Help (Demetrie's Chocolate Pie and Caramel Cake)
- Sara Gruen, Water for Elephants (Oyster Brie Soup)
- Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper (Brian Fitzgerald's Firehouse Marinara Sauce)
- Abraham Verghese, Cutting for Stone (Almaz's Ethiopian Doro Wot and Sister Mary Joseph Praise's Cari de Dal)
- Annie Barrows, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Annie Barrows's Potato Peel Pie and Non-Occupied Potato Peel Pie)
- Lisa See, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (Lisa See's Deep-Fried Sugared Taro)
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Judy and Vicki enjoy speaking about book clubs, and appreciate their ongoing conversations, both in person and via their websites, with book and food enthusiasts across the country. They live with their families in the Boston area.
"Part cookbook, part celebration of the written word, [The Book Club Cookbook] illustrates how books and ideas can bring people together." -- Publishers Weekly