Teaching guides and lesson plans designed to make classic literature engaging and relevant to today's students!
This comprehensive book of lesson plans, projects, discussion questions, reproducible worksheets, and more provides teachers with everything they need to engage middle- and high-school students in the study of Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter
. Each SparkTeach Guide includes
- Dozens of lessons and contextual "Real Life Lens" discussion prompts
- "Big Idea Question" prompts, activities, and projects that explore the work's key themes
- Poetics lesson plans
- Film comparative lesson plans
- Exercises in studying the play's use of metaphor, simile, personification, and motifs
- Lesson plans for differentiated instruction
- Reproducible worksheets and lesson assessments that build reading, vocabulary, and comprehension skills
- Answer keys
- Student rubrics
There are also tips for class planning and management, ideas for personalizing content, Common Core references, and more, making this the perfect resource to engage students in literature study that's meaningful, exciting, and above all, FUN.