Sinners: Experiencing Jesus' Compassion in the Middle of Your Sin, Struggles, and Shame
Kat Armstrong (Author)
Buy new or used from an indie through our partner Biblio:
DescriptionDiscover the storyline of Scripture as you follow people, places, or things in the Bible. Maybe you are practiced in dissecting a passage and pulling things out of the text to apply to your life. But now you may feel as though your faith is fragmented. The Storyline Bible Studies help you put the pieces back together. You'll discover cohesive, thematic storylines with literary elements and appreciate the Bible as the literary masterpiece that it is.
In Sinners, we will discover God's tender compassion on anyone--regardless of their social status, troubled past, or the labels placed upon them. And we are going to notice the counterintuitive ways "sinful" people respond to Jesus in righteous acts of faith. You'll start to see a theme unfold: The people considered sinful often act with greater faith than the most religious people of Jesus' day. In the Sinners Bible study, we will explore
- Luke 7: the sinful woman who anointed Jesus with the perfume from her alabaster jar and whose faith saved her;
- Luke 7: the Roman centurion who advocated for his sick servant and whose faith saved the servant's life;
- Matthew 9: the former tax collector and disciple named Matthew who had left his tollbooth to follow Jesus and whose faith confused the religious;
- Matthew 15: the Canaanite mom who begged Jesus to heal her demon-possessed daughter and whose faith led to her daughter's healing; and
- John 4: the Samaritan woman at the well who was approached by Jesus and whose faith started revival in her town.
NavPress Publishing Group
August 08, 2023
0.0 X 0.0 X 0.0 inches | 0.0 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Kat Armstrong has been emboldening women to be all-in for Jesus for twenty years as a speaker, Bible teacher, author, and podcast host. As cofounder of The Polished Network, a nonprofit connecting and gathering professional women to navigate career and explore faith, her mission is to create holy curiosity. Kat holds a master of christian education from Dallas Theological Seminary. She and her husband, Aaron, have been married for eighteen years, and live in Dallas, Texas, with their son, Caleb. They attend Dallas Bible Church, where Aaron serves as the lead pastor.