Science Art and Drawing Games for Kids: 35+ Fun Art Projects to Build Amazing Science Skills
Karyn Tripp (Author)
Buy new or used from an indie through our partner Biblio:
DescriptionIn Science Art and Drawing Games for Kids, you'll find an amazing collection of more than 35 hands-on art activities that make learning about science fun. Often art and science are seen as opposites but, in fact, they are virtually inseparable! Written by Karyn Tripp--author of Math Art and Drawing Games for Kids and creator of the popular educational blog TeachBesideMe.com--this book shows kids how art involves all kinds of science and how science is full of art and beauty. Children ages 8 and up will follow step-by-step, photo-illustrated instructions to explore an engaging variety of art and craft techniques and science concepts, including:
- Energy & Motion. Create art, toys, and sculptures that spin, flap, and climb.
- Electricity & Magnetism. Make special light-up greeting cards, and use magnets to create abstract paintings and solve mazes.
- Living Science. Craft tiny terrariums, create plantable seed paper, and make your own paints using natural materials.
- Chemical Reactions. Create exploding paintballs, grow a garden of crystal flowers, and learn to make plastic out of milk.
- Color & Light. Combine shaving cream and food coloring to make marbled paper, use the sun to print on paper and fabric, and make an awesome kaleidoscope from scratch.
As you and your kids try the projects, you'll learn the science behind how and why they work. "Science in Action" terms highlighted throughout the projects are defined in a glossary of key science concepts at the front of the book. Each project is accompanied by a supplies list, and a full list of supplies for all the activities at the beginning helps you gather what you need before you dive in. Many of the supplies needed for the projects are common household items that you likely already have on hand, while some are specialty items you will need to acquire in advance. Take a creative path to studying science with Science Art and Drawing Games for Kids!
February 08, 2022
8.5 X 9.9 X 0.4 inches | 0.95 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Karyn Tripp is a former public school teacher turned homeschool mom of four kids. Through her online community TeachBesideMe.com, she shares with teachers and homeschool parents how to make learning enjoyable and engaging, and eases the burdens of her fellow educators by offering exciting and memorable learning activities. Karyn is also a member of STEAM Kids Books, a group of educational bloggers--engineers, teachers, math nerds, art lovers, and writers--who have thus far co-written and self-published three titles. She lives in Cedar Hills, Utah.