Running a Restaurant for Dummies
The easy way to successfully run a profitable restaurant
Millions of Americans dream of owning and running their own restaurant � because they want to be their own boss, because their cooking always draws raves, or just because they love food. Running a Restaurant For Dummies covers every aspect of getting started for aspiring restaurateurs. From setting up a business plan and finding financing, to designing a menu and dining room, you'll find all the advice you need to start and run a successful restaurant.
Even if you don't know anything about cooking or running a business, you might still have a great idea for a restaurant � and this handy guide will show you how to make your dream a reality. If you already own a restaurant, but want to see it get more successful, Running a Restaurant For Dummies offers unbeatable tips and advice for bringing in hungry customers. From start to finish, you'll learn everything you need to know to succeed.
- New information on designing, re-designing, and equipping a restaurant with all the essentials�from the back of the house to the front of the house
- Determining whether to rent or buy restaurant property
- Updated information on setting up a bar and managing the wine list
- Profitable pointers on improving the bottom line
- The latest and greatest marketing and publicity options in a social-media world
- Managing and retaining key staff
- New and updated information on menu creation and the implementation of Federal labeling (when applicable), as well as infusing local, healthy, alternative cuisine to menu planning
Running a Restaurant For Dummies gives you the scoop on the latest trends that chefs and restaurant operators can implement in their new or existing restaurants.
P.S. If you think this book seems familiar, you�re probably right. The Dummies team updated the cover and design to give the book a fresh feel, but the content is the same as the previous release of Running a Restaurant For Dummies (9781118027929). The book you see here shouldn�t be considered a new or updated product. But if you�re in the mood to learn something new, check out some of our other books. We�re always writing about new topics!
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Michael Garvey is the former general manager of Grand Central Oyster Bar. He is currently a restaurant specialist for Vision Wine Brands. Heather Dismore is a professional writer who has extensive experience in the restaurant business. Andrew G. Dismore is an award-winning professional chef.