THINKING OF LEAVING YOUR JOB? Read this book before you decide.
When hard things happen in our fast-moving careers, conventional wisdom offers options like:
- A) go find a new job (exhausting and complex) or
- B) start your own business (risky and not for everyone) or
- C) take an early retirement or leave the workforce all together (resulting in loss of income and often, sense of purpose) or
- D) Staying where we are, being told to "be grateful you have a job," (soul-sucking and demeaning, impacting our mental health, physical well-being, and our overall quality of life.)
Let's stop falling for old-fashioned ideas and instead see the new ways to make better career decisions about what's next for you --without resorting to the drastic measures of changing careers, finding a new job, starting a business, or bowing to an early and unwanted retirement--and without settling or sacrificing your health, family life, and well-being.
Welcome to your Red Cape Rescue. Leadership and career coach Darcy Eikenberg shares fresh ways to reset how you think, revise what you say, and rescue your career without quitting, feeling stuck, or changing everything in your life. As a private coach, mentor, and speaker at popular leadership development firm Red Cape Revolution, she's taught these concepts to thousands of professionals around the world, and now they're here for you, too.
In this high-energy, fun, and fast-paced book you'll uncover:
- Surprising ways to shift your mindset and build confidence, fast
- How to create more career choices than you ever knew were possible
- What to say to ask for what you need from others--even if you have a bad manager or difficult colleagues
- Unexpected ways to protect your time and create more work-life balance, stronger mental health and less stress, and
- Unique approaches to creating professional and personal success right where you are, just as you are.
Plus, you'll get Coach Darcy's action plans--proven concepts that work in the real world, no matter what's happening in your company or the economy.
What if you had the clarity, confidence, and courage you need to feel in control once again? What could change for the better, for good, if you only had a trusted guide to show you how? This book is that guide. And no matter what you ultimately decide to do --leave your job, retire, or stay--you'll know you're making the best decision for you, using a fresh mindset and new skills that work for today's complex careers.
YES, you can change your life at work without having to change everything in your life. Start your Red Cape Rescue today.
About the Author
Like many of us in the working world today, Darcy Eikenberg wears a lot of hats. She's been an executive coach to leaders at organizations such as The Coca-Cola Company, Microsoft, State Farm, Deloitte Consulting, and more. She consults and speaks about career growth, employee engagement, and leadership development all over the world. She blogs regularly on leadership and career issues at RedCapeRevolution.com. Her ideas have been shared in the Harvard Business Review, Thrive Global, CNN.com, The Ladders, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and Forbes, among others. She's a former principal and communication consulting business leader at Hewitt Associates, now part of Alight Solutions, and she graduated from Northwestern University. Darcy brings a sense of humour to serious matters in our work and careers, and she offers simple, practical ways we can transform our lives at work, right where we are, right now.