Stephen Fry (Foreword by)
Buy new or used from an indie through our partner Biblio:
DescriptionMythos is a modern collection of Greek myths, stylishly retold by legendary writer, actor, and comedian Stephen Fry. Fry transforms the adventures of Zeus and the Olympians into emotionally resonant and deeply funny stories, without losing any of their original wonder. This stunning book features classical artwork inspired by the myths, as well as learned notes from the author. - Each adventure is infused with Fry's distinctive wit, voice, and writing style
- Connoisseurs of the Greek myths will appreciate this fresh-yet-reverential interpretation, while newcomers will feel welcome
- Retellings brim with humor and emotion and offer rich cultural context Celebrating the thrills, grandeur, and unabashed fun of the Greek myths, Mythos breathes life into ancient tales--from Pandora's box to Prometheus's fire. This gorgeous volume invites you to explore a captivating world with the brilliant storyteller Stephen Fry as your guide.
- A collectible volume complete with a textured case, a foil-stamped jacket, and full-color art throughout
- The perfect gift for Greek mythology and history buffs, lovers of ancient Greece, art aficionados, and devoted fans of Stephen Fry
- Add it to the shelf with books like Circe by Madeline Miller, Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, and Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton
August 27, 2019
7.6 X 9.3 X 1.5 inches | 2.45 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Stephen Fry is an award-winning writer, comedian, actor, and director. He rose to fame in A Bit of Fry & Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster. He hosted over 180 episodes of QI, and narrated the audio versions of the Harry Potter novels. His books include four novels and three volumes of autobiography. He lives in Los Angeles and London.
"Here are the thrills, grandeur, and unabashed fun of the Greek myths, stylishly retold by Stephen Fry. The legendary writer, actor, and comedian breathes life into ancient tales, from Pandora's box to Prometheus's fire, and transforms the adventures of Zeus and the Olympians into emotionally resonant and deeply funny stories, without losing any of their original wonder. Classical artwork inspired by the myths and learned notes from the author offer rich cultural context." - Thought Catalog