Moon 52 Things to Do in Phoenix & Tucson: Local Spots, Outdoor Recreation, Getaways
Jessica Dunham (Author)
Buy new or used from an indie through our partner Biblio:
DescriptionFrom that blues bar you haven't visited yet to the desert hike you keep meaning to plan, experience something new right here at home with Moon 52 Things to Do in Phoenix & Tucson.
- Cool things to do in and around the cities: Kick back at a Spring Training game or squeeze into the grandstands of El Gran Mercado for some lucha libre. Bike the famed Loop in Tucson, kayak Tempe Town Lake, and lace up your boots for an urban hike in the Phoenix Mountains. Support local BIPOC writers at Palabras Bilingual Bookstore and taste what's on tap at a women-owned brewery. Savor Sonoran-style food like tamales and carne asada or try authentic Tohono O'odham fry bread
- Day trips and weekend getaways: Dip into hot springs or cool off in a secret swimming hole. Travel back in time in a ghost town or sip your way through wine country. Trek the Arizona Trail, hike the hoodoos at Chiricahua National Monument, pick saguaro fruit, and spend a night under the stars
- Experiences broken down by category: Find ideas for each season, activities for kids, outdoor adventures, learning about indigenous cultures, getting to know a new neighborhood, and more
- A local's advice: Whether it's a wilderness area or a beloved soul food spot, local author Jessica Dunham knows the ins and outs of Arizona
- Inspirational full-color photos throughout
- Easy-to-scan planning tips: Addresses and nearby spots, plus tips for avoiding the crowds if you're heading to a popular attraction
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell--and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
August 30, 2022
5.59 X 6.56 X 0.6 inches | 0.67 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Jessica Dunham lives in Phoenix with her husband and two spunky dogs, but inherited a family summer home on Lake Champlain in Vermont. This seemed heavenly to her, until she tried to imagine getting there from halfway across the country. Then it required some effort and a little imagination. The only way to transport the herd from one place to another was to pile into a Jeep and drive. On these drives, she came to appreciate the spontaneity a road trip provides, pulling over for a fruit stand or stopping to take pictures at a scenic overlook, as well as the sense of discovery. This is how she first encountered Route 66. It's also how she explored the Finger Lakes of upstate New York, followed the prairielands of Nebraska, dipped into the cornfields of Indiana, carved through Kentucky (with a stop at a distillery or two), and drove the Ozarks of Arkansas. Formerly a travel guide editor at Madden Media, Jessica is now a freelance travel writer. She is also the author of Moon Route 66 Road Trip and The Open Road. Her writing has been featured in PHOENIX magazine, Valley Guide, Phoenix Travel Guide, Arizona Visitor's Guide, Midwest Living, Phoenix New Times, Modern Luxury, Annapolis Visitors Guide, Connecticut Visitors Guide, Runner's World, Jane, Discover South Carolina, and more.