Moon 52 Things to Do in Austin & San Antonio: Local Spots, Outdoor Recreation, Getaways
Christina Garcia (Author)
Buy new or used from an indie through our partner Biblio:
DescriptionFrom that taco truck you haven't tried yet to the Hill Country getaway you keep meaning to plan, experience something new right here at home with Moon 52 Things to Do in Austin & San Antonio. Inside you'll find:
- Cool things to do in and around the cities: Get to know more about East Austin's Black and brown roots, look for murals by local artists, and have old-fashioned fun at a drive-in theater. Learn about native Texas plants on a hike, cool off at a nearby swimming hole, or sample authentic sotol in the desert. Grab a cocktail on Rainey Street, listen to live jazz, or learn how to two-step from an expert. People-watch in San Antonio's hip Pearl neighborhood, bike the Mission Trail, and feast on tacos
- Day trips and weekend getaways: Sample and sip on the Hill Country Wine Trail or dig in to a plate of barbecue in Lockhart. Cool off in Wimberley's Blue Hole, float the river in New Braunfels, or creep through the caves at Longhorn Cavern State Park
- Experiences broken down by category: Find ideas for each season, activities with kids, outdoor adventures, late-night music, arts and culture, scenic drives, and more
- A local's advice: Whether it's an art gallery or a historic landmark, local author Christina Garcia knows the ins and outs of Austin and San Antonio
- Inspirational full-color photos throughout
- Easy-to-scan planning tips: Addresses, time allotment, and tips for avoiding the crowds at popular attractions
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell--and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
April 26, 2022
5.5 X 6.4 X 0.7 inches | 0.74 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Christina Garcia is a native Texan and University of Texas graduate who has lived in Austin for over a decade. Her writing has appeared in the Austin Chronicle, where she often covers the local music scene. Austin has a reputation as a well-preserved, ever-changing, but still weird city. Christina loves it most for its lack of pretension. BBQ, Tex-Mex, and soul food are considered fine dining and it's perhaps the only state capital where you can go out in pajamas and feel right at home.