More than 125 detoxifying and hormone-healing recipes to reduce the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause, from the bestselling author of The Hormone Fix and Keto-Green 16 "Dr. Cabeca shows us how to take charge of our health in midlife, using the power of food to start feeling better--and find optimal weight, improved mood and more energy along the way!"--Izabella Wentz, PharmD, New York Times bestselling author of Hashimoto's Protocol
A major hormonal shift in every woman's life, menopause heralds a time of new freedoms, potential, and empowerment. But this necessary shift often also brings with it uncomfortable symptoms like brain fog, reduced libido, joint pain, constipation, and hot flashes. And even while eating and exercising as usual, most menopausal women also experience frustrating weight gain--in and of itself a symptom that can make the other symptoms worse. We seldom make the connection between what we eat and how it affects our hormones. But food is a direct hormone regulator, so when hormones shift, we must shift as well. Choosing ingredients wisely is the best way to reduce all
your symptoms, including that frustrating weight gain.
Drawing inspiration from the cuisines of countries where women experience fewer menopausal symptoms, Dr. Anna Cabeca offers five unique, six-day eating plans that put a "pause" on the use of symptom-exacerbating ingredients. Depending on your health goals and the symptoms you're experiencing, choose from these five plans:
- The Keto-Green Extreme Plan pauses inflammatory foods but includes stomach-soothing alkaline ingredients for an overall reduction in menopause symptoms.
- Keto-Green Plant-Based Detox pauses animal proteins to stoke your fat-burning metabolism, ease hot flashes, and reduce brain fog.
- The Carbohydrate Pause puts a temporary pause on all carbohydrates and sugar to help you break through a weight loss plateau, sleep better, and combat bloating.
- The Keto-Green Cleanse briefly pauses solids to gently restore and energize you at the cellular level, leading to greater energy, less joint pain, and less constipation.
- The Carbohydrate Modification Plan is the perfect feasting plan, allowing for the reintroduction of healthy but gluten-free carbohydrates to reduce restriction fatigue and maintain metabolic flexibility.
With more than 125 delicious recipes--many of which fit more than just one eating plan--MenuPause
is your guide to a more comfortable menopausal transition, and ensures you won't go hungry in the process!
About the Author
Anna Cabeca, DO, OBGYN, FACOG, is triple-board certified and a fellow of gynecology and obstetrics, integrative medicine, and anti-aging and regenerative medicine. She has special certifications in functional medicine, sexual health, and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. The author of the USA Today bestseller The Hormone Fix and Keto-Green 16, she is the creator of the highly acclaimed virtual transformation programs Sexual CPR, Magic Menopause, and Breeze Through Menopause; she offers keto-green nutrition plans to online subscribers; and she developed the adaptogenic superfoods drink Mighty Maca Plus as well as Julva vulvar cream. She has been interviewed by all the major television networks and has been featured in InStyle, HuffPost, and mindbodygreen. She lives in Dallas, Texas, with her daughters, horses, and dog.