Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, 4th Edition: A Step-By-Step Program for a Good Night's Sleep
The perennial favorite for parents who want to get their kids to sleep with ease - now in a completely revised and expanded fourth edition!
In this fully updated fourth edition, Dr. Marc Weissbluth, one of the country's leading pediatricians, overhauls his groundbreaking approach to solving and preventing your children's sleep problems, from infancy through adolescence. In Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, he explains with authority and reassurance his step-by-step regime for instituting beneficial habits within the framework of your child's natural sleep cycles. Rewritten and reorganized to deliver information even more efficiently, this valuable sourcebook contains the latest research on:
- The best course of action for sleep problems: prevention and treatment
- Common mistakes parents make trying to get their children to sleep
- Different sleep needs for different temperaments
- Stopping the crybaby syndrome, nightmares, bed-wetting, and more
- Ways to get your baby to fall asleep according to her internal clock - naturally
- Handling nap-resistant kids and when to start sleep training
- Why both night sleep and day sleep are important
- Obstacles for working moms and children with sleep issues
- The father's role in comforting children
- How early sleep troubles can lead to later problems
- The benefits and drawbacks of allowing kids to sleep in the family bed
Rest is vital to your child's health, growth, and development. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child outlines proven strategies that ensure good, healthy sleep for every age.
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
L. J. Ganser is the winner of the prestigious Audie Award for Best Nonfiction Narration for his work in The Island at the Center of the World. He has recorded over 450 titles, ranging from preschool books to crime noir thrillers, from astronomical adventures in both science and science fiction, to Arctic Circle high school basketball stories.