An International Franchisee of the Year delivers a proven method for entrepreneurial success based on his remarkable story of going from Ethiopian refugee to multi-millionaire
Former Ethiopian refugee Yonas Hagos shares his amazing story about his plight in Ethiopia, his emigration to the U.S., and the business journey he took to become the owner of dozens of restaurant franchises.
From Scrappy to Self-Made describes how Hagos beat all the odds to become the owner of more than four dozen restaurant franchises that have earned him $10 million, and counting. He owns and operates more than 50 restaurants, including Arby's, Nothing Bundt Cakes, and multiple outlets of Smoothie King (32 locations), Dunkin' Donuts (9 locations)--and coming soon, Kaia Tapas and Beach Life.
A tale of entrepreneurship focusing on the roadblocks aspirational business owners most commonly encounter, this how-to, self-help guide provides gripping personal stories and feet-on-the street advice. Hagos covers his assimilation into a different culture while delving into every single aspect of what it takes to launch a successful business, to fail at running one, to learn from mistakes, and to move on to sustained success.
Throughout the book, Hagos acts as a mentor, answering questions any new entrepreneur will be sure to have, including:
- When an entrepreneur is starting out and has limited funds, how do you start to think about opening a franchise or business?
- How do the entry-level jobs set the stage for ultimate ownership and success?
- How does someone with minimal education master the skills that it takes to operate a restaurant franchise and run a business?
- After you open your business, what does it take to make it a success? And how do you strategize when things are going downhill?
- Once you launch your first business, what are the key steps you take to expand? Open your second business? And keep expanding with more and more?
Melding the how-to, self-help business book with gripping personal stories, From Scrappy to Self-Made
is a tale of entrepreneurship that focuses on the roadblocks aspirational business owners encounter.