CONFINE YOUR SOFTWARE
Jails are FreeBSD's most legendary feature: known to be powerful, tricky to master, and cloaked in decades of dubious lore. Deploying jails calls upon every sysadmin skill you have, and more--but unleashing lightweight virtualization is so worth it.
FreeBSD Mastery: Jails cuts through the clutter to expose the inner mechanisms of jails and unleash their power in your service. You will:
- Understand how jails achieve lightweight virtualization
- Understand the base system's jail tools and the iocage toolkit
- Optimally configure jail hardware
- Manage jails from the host and from within the jail
- Optimize disk space usage to support hundreds or thousands of jails
- Comfortably work within the limits of jails
- Implement fine-grained control of jail features
- Build virtual networks
- Deploy hierarchical jails
- Constrain jail resource usage
- And more!
Strip away the mystery. Read FreeBSD Mastery: Jails today!
"This is the sequel to Git Commit Murder, right ?"
/phk, creator of the jail system