GOT STUCK? As a writer, you know stuckness when you see it. And feel it. And, possibly, fear it. You may feel shame. The sense that you're alone with this struggle. Maybe the worst part is not knowing what to do now. Especially after you've tried so many fixes that didn't work.
You're not alone. And feeling stuck doesn't need to be permanent. In fact, the stuckness itself can be a key to discovering what to do next. A M Carley's new book introduces the FLOAT Approach to becoming unstuck: a gentle, stepwise invitation to mindful problem-solving and brainstorming. Your own wisdom gains the space and support to speak up and be heard.
Help is here! Use FLOAT to draw on your own hidden resources, and find your way again. Including more than 80 tools, extensive introductory materials, inspiration from published authors, and multiple indexes for easy reference, FLOAT is a resource to keep handy. Suitable for writers from woo-woo to pragmatic, introverted to extroverted, quiet to exuberant, contemplative to active, this book offers mindful interventions to help writers become unstuck.
Use simple tools
Honor your wisdom
Connect with the clan of writers
Find your strength
- It's encouraging, professional, and nonjudgmental. This is clearly going to be a very valuable book for writers!
- I want to keep this book next to my dictionary.
- FLOAT shows a sensitivity to the challenges confronted by writers, especially the constant flux between isolation and connectedness, pursuing what is in many ways a solitary occupation.
- It's great to have specific suggestions and exercises that help get the juices flowing again.
- We creative folks just love fresh, new ideas and this book is chock full of ways to use our creative energy to fuel the completion of our projects.