Daring to Trust: Opening Ourselves to Real Love and Intimacy
Most relationship problems are essentially trust issues, explains psychotherapist David Richo. Whether it's fear of commitment, insecurity, jealousy, or a tendency to be controlling, the real obstacle is a fundamental lack of trust--both in ourselves and in our partner.
Daring to Trust offers key insights and practical exercises for exploring and addressing our trust issues in relationships. Topics include
- How we learn early in life to trust others (or not to trust them)
- Why we fear trusting
- Developing greater trust in ourselves as the basis for trusting others
- How to know if someone is trustworthy
- Naive trust vs. healthy, adult trust
- What to do when trust is broken
Ultimately, Richo explains, we must develop trust in four directions: toward ourselves, toward others, toward life as it is, and toward a higher power or spiritual path. These four types of trust are not only the basis of healthy relationships, they are also the foundation of emotional well-being and freedom from fear.
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate