Boomer Brand Winners & Losers: 156 Best & Worst Brands of the 50s and 60s
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Warm, witty and thoroughly engaging, Barry Silverstein's thumbs up/thumbs down take on brands, entertainment and events of their youth will make Boomers smile -- maybe bug them too, if personal favorites rate as "losers." And marketers will enjoy this powerful primer on hidden histories that still influence Boomer consumer decisions today.
- Barry Robertson, Partner, Boomer / neXt - consultants on brand regeneration in the 50+ space
If you're a Baby Boomer, Boomer Brand Winners & Losers will surely bring back cherished memories. This captivating book takes a comprehensive and engaging look at brands that impacted our lives, encouraging animated and fun debates about which are the best and worst of our generation.
- Julie A. Gorges, author and blogger at Baby Boomer Bliss
Boomer Brand Winners & Losers brings one back to a simpler time with fond memories of favorite snacks and famous slogans. Barry Silverstein shares 156 winners and losers carefully selected and detailed. Enjoy the journey as you revisit forgotten brands from days gone by.
- Dave Bernard, author, I Want to Retire! and blogger at Retirement - Only the Beginning
Boomer Brand Winners & Losers is a fun read, chock full of fascinating stories behind iconic brands. You may quibble with Barry Silverstein's designation of winners and losers, but you'll enjoy the humor, quirks and facts behind so many Boomer historic moments and brands.
- Toby Haberkorn, author, Best Job Search Tips for Age 60-Plus
What a fun trip down memory lane! Like song lyrics, some of these brands' marketing taglines are indelibly etched in my brain -- and this book triggers a flood of feel-good associations. When talk turns to medical matters at your next Baby Boomer gathering (as it is wont to do, it seems, as we get older!), just pull out this book to get the conversation going in a more lighthearted direction!
- Roxanne Jones, co-author of the forthcoming book Voices from the Other Side...of Retirement
Anyone born before 1964 won't be able to read just one page of this book. For everyone born after 1964, you'll have 156 lessons to learn from.
- David Wogahn, president, AuthorImprints and Boomer publisher
Loved it! A brilliant, informative, fun read, whether you're a boomer, a millennial or anything in between!
- Hayden Quinn, reviewer, Reedsy Discovery
...it is fun reading and the author has an enjoyable relaxed style of writing which makes you want to read more about each subject. ... As Bob Hope would say, "Thanks for the Memories."
- Randy B. Lichtman, Readers' Favorite
Overall, it's a fun and frequently informative read, a history of the Boomer generation in products.
- Maurice Tougas, managing editor, Edmonton/Calgary Prime Times