Author in Progress: A No-Holds-Barred Guide to What It Really Takes to Get Published
Therese Walsh (Author) James Scott Bell (Foreword by)
Buy new or used from an indie through our partner Biblio:
DescriptionEmpower Your Writing Through Craft and Community! Writing can be a lonely profession plagued by blind stumbles, writer's block, and despair--but it doesn't have to be. Written by members of the popular Writer Unboxed website, Author in Progress is filled with practical, candid essays to help you reach the next rung on the publishing ladder. By tracking your creative journey from first draft to completion and beyond, you can improve your craft, find your community, and overcome the mental barriers that stand in the way of success. Author in Progress is the perfect no-nonsense guide for excelling at every step of the novel-writing process, from setting goals, researching, and drafting to giving and receiving critiques, polishing prose, and seeking publication. You'll love Author in Progress if... - You're an aspiring novelist working on your first book.
- You're an experienced veteran looking for ways to enhance your career and connect with your writing community.
- You've finished your first draft and want to know the next steps.
- You're seeking clear, effective advice about publication-from professionals who are "down in the trenches" every day. What's Inside
Author in Progress features: - More than 50 essays from best-selling authors, editors, and industry leaders on a variety of writing and publishing topics.
- Advice on writing first drafts, conducting research, building and fostering community, seeking critique, revising, and getting published.
- An encouraging approach to the writing and publishing process, from authors who've walked this path.
Writer's Digest Books
November 01, 2016
6.0 X 8.9 X 1.0 inches | 1.08 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
THERESE WALSH has a master's degree in psychology and is a critically acclaimed novelist of psychological fiction (The Moon Sisters, The Last Will of Moira Leahy). She started as a researcher/writer for Prevention Magazine, and later co-founded Writer Unboxed, a site that provides empowering content for authors-in-progress. She lives in New York with her husband and their Jack Russell, Kismet.