Anyone Can Cake: Your Complete Guide to Making & Decorating Perfect Layer Cakes
Whitney Depaoli (Author)
Buy new or used from an indie through our partner Biblio:
"Whitney is one of those bakers who can turn any cake into a masterpiece! She's an inspiration to any self-taught baker."
-- Duff Goldman, Ace of Cakes and owner of Charm City Cakes
- Bake, build and decorate layer cakes, along with all the techniques and tools you'll need
- Master buttercream frosting, from mixing gorgeous colors to achieving a perfectly smooth finish
- Create ombrés, stripes, Lambeth piping and more with beginner-friendly decorating tutorials
- Level-up your design with in-depth guides for ganache drips, sprinkle placement and perfect piping Featured resources include:
- Foolproof base recipes such as Favorite Vanilla Cake, One-Bowl Chocolate Cake and Vanilla Buttercream
- Creative recipes for showstopper cakes like Rainbow Striped Milk & Cereal Cake, Chocolate- Covered Strawberry Cake and Snickerdoodle Cake
- Troubleshooting tips and step-by-step instructions for preventing common mishaps every step of the way
- Luscious full-spread photography and visual reference charts
Page Street Publishing
February 28, 2023
7.88 X 8.9 X 0.64 inches | 1.33 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Whitney DePaoli hosts the popular baking YouTube channel and blog Sugar & Sparrow. She teaches approachable cake recipes and tutorials for bakers of all skill levels via her website, social channels and online Cake Basics video series. Her recipes and photography have been featured by Food Network and BuzzFeed's Tasty, Wilton and American Cake Decorating magazine. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and son.
"Whitney's cakes are super cute and whimsical. With so many helpful tips and delicious recipes, you'll be whipping up layer cakes for every occasion!"
-- Tessa Huff, author of Layered and Icing on the Cake
-- Mandy Merriman, creator of Baking with Blondie and author of Cake Confidence "Whitney has truly outdone herself! This book covers everything you need to know to make the perfect layer cake."
-- Chelsey White, creator of @chelsweets "Anyone Can Cake is a brilliant collection of delicious recipes, tutorials and beautifully detailed visual aids to truly teach anyone how to decorate a cake!"
-- Sheri Wilson, author of Caketopia "Sugar & Sparrow is my number-one resource for all things cake. Whitney creates some of the most reliable cake and frosting recipes that every baker--no matter their skill level--will appreciate. Her cookbook is comprehensive, and I'm beyond excited to have it as a resource in my kitchen."
-- Michelle Lopez, creator of Hummingbird High and author of Weeknight Baking "Working with Whitney is always a pleasure! She brings a refreshed sense of creativity and her work is a huge inspiration to all, from beginners looking for somewhere to start to advanced bakers."
-- Callie Marsch, brand engagement strategist at JOANN