Take a closer look at impactful feminist icons through the art of cooking!
A fully illustrated, colorful, and wholly original feminist cookbook featuring over thirty recipes, each linked to a significant woman throughout history and from across the globe. Whether you're cooking for one, two, or a bunch of friends and family, you can find tasty meal options for any occasion. This cookbook features easy-to-follow sweet and savory recipes for beginners or more experienced cooks, containing a variety of options perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or snacks in between!
By introducing these women through the medium of food - a dish related to their work, where they hail from (both in our history and geographically), and what they fought for- this healthy cookbook fuses the arts of storytelling and cooking while also celebrating feminist icons.
Some of the women featured include:
- Frida Kahlo...Self-Illustrated Tortilla Soup
- Malala Yousafzai...Cardamom Spiced Roasted Chicken
- Ruth Coker Burks...Rainbow Salad
- Angela Davis...Spiced Molasses Cake with Crunchy Lemon Glaze
- Aretha Franklin...Peaches and Biscuits
- Oprah Winfrey...Purple Potato Salad with Fried Capers
- Amelia Earhart...Rich Hot Chocolate
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg...Smashed Potatoes with Crème Fraîche and Caviar
- Lizzo...Vegan French Toast
- Greta Thunberg...Cashew Chipotle Dip
- Junko Tabei...Bold Peanutty Shrimp
...and many more!