SUMMER 2020: Required Reading List – Grade 11 & 12 (Other)
All students must choose two books to read over the summer. One book must be the assigned title from your class, and the other should come from the Other section.
The two selected books must be at or above the student’s reading level and students should not have read their selections before. All students will be assessed on their summer reading in the first days of the 2020-2021 school year. Academic Decathlon students should read Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut in addition to the title for their specific class. AP Language students should read the books specific to their course.
Note: It is encouraged that parents participate in the selection of texts to ensure that students are reading appropriate material, both thematically and academically.
● A book with a female protagonist
● A book of poetry
● A book that will make you smarter
● A book with more than 500 pages
● A book that won a Hugo or Nebula Award
● A book that won an Edgar or Dagger Award
● A book originally written in a different language
● A Pulitzer Prize winner
● A National Book Award winner
● A Man Booker Prize winner
● A book more than 100 years old
● A book about the United States
● A history of a country that’s not the United States
● A book of popular science
● A book about something you are curious about
● A play
● A book about World War II
● A book of essays
● A microhistory