Write to Influence!: Personnel Appraisals, Resumes, Awards, Grants, Scholarships, Internships, Reports, Bid Proposals, Web Pages, Marketing
Write to Influence!
Personnel Appraisals, Resumes, Awards, Grants, Scholarships, Internships, Reports, Bid Proposals, Web Pages, Marketing, and More
Powerful writing changes lives!
You may be the best candidate -- hands down -- but if the competition is better at telling a story, you lose.Powerful writing correlates directly to success, personal and professional.
With this book you will learn to:
- Write to win. Make each word count and every second of the reader's time play to your advantage
- Know your audience and frame the message. Critical to messaging
- Banish bureaucratic blather. Infuse products with clarity, precision, and focus
- Generate a resume that stands out ... for the right reasons
- Retain and develop talented people. Compose powerful, effective performance appraisals to advance deserving individuals
- Compose competitive submissions for contracts, grants, government requests for proposals, etc. Convince the reader you ... not someone else ... deserve this opportunity
- Defend your castle/expand your empire. Make a hard-hitting case to retain or acquire resources
- Create audience-friendly briefings. Find tips on text, graphics, and the delivery
- Craft effective email ... polished, succinct, and likely to be read
- Nail the essay for college applications. Frame an attention-grabbing essay from the opening line to its conclusion
- Avoid the Dirty Dozen. Discover the most common errors in professional correspondence
Attention employers! Write to Influence! is perfect for your staff! Have you read a paragraph in a report again and again ... unable to understand it? Bureaucratic blather is time consuming, frustrating, counterproductive, and the bane of today's business communication.
Accurate, clear, and concise writing is the lifeblood for successful organizations ... private business; corporations; NGOs; government agencies; and the military, in particular.
Apply this book to also:
- Compete in large-scale award programs. Win accolades and recognition for your organization and people
- Broadcast good news. Trumpet success via articles, blogs, press releases, newsletters, marking products, etc.
- Extend your influence. Persuade others to support your endeavor, policy, or project. Ally with like-minded organizations - leverage their connections in a common cause
- Maintain a robust web presence. Leverage each space above the fold to grab and keep the reader's attention!
- Work the occasional miracle "They" say, "It can't be done." Prove them wrong! Make that influential case, Write to Influence!
Choose Write to Influence! when persuasive writing is paramount to your goals.
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Book Review 1:
"Write to Influence! is a gem! Anyone interested in powerful, super-charged writing will appreciate this clear discussion of how to produce attention-grabbing pieces ... where standout writing means the difference between success and failure." -- D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review
Book Review 2:
"In a 2-hour workshop, Carla added thousands of dollars to the bottom-line of organizations in Loudoun County. Using her techniques, the public and private sector leaders who participated can write to win." -- Leadership Loudoun
Book Review 3:
"This helped me pass my college classes! Write to Influence! is an amazing source if you want to improve your writing to earn higher grades. I like this MUCH better than a standard textbook. 10/10 recommend!" -- Emily, Amazon Reviewer