How well you meet determines what your group can achieve
When you ask leaders in a high performing organization about the key to their success, the answers are all over the place: failing fast, radical transparency, operational excellence, strong core values... so many different North Stars to follow.
Then, if you ask them for an example-to tell you what that looks like in practice-they will all describe a meeting. Leaders at these organizations have learned to design a sequence of tailored meetings that create a healthy organizational culture and drive forward momentum. They know that meetings are where the action is.
Where the Action Is reveals how leaders in any organization can use meetings to engage their people, simplify communications, and accelerate progress. In it, you'll learn.
- The truth about why there are so many meetings.
- Surprising research revealing that what you think you know about meetings may be wrong.
- Proven techniques that make any meeting productive.
- Five steps to increasing team engagement in meetings.
- The specific meeting practices high-performing organizations use to create a healthy culture and drive results.
- The stories of those who've found a way to love their meetings, and those who've struggled.
- The 16 distinct types of business meetings and how to use them.
Distilling insights from business management, cognitive research, behavioral psychology, organizational studies, and 10 years of work with organizations big and small, J. Elise Keith's entertaining and informative book will forever change the way you meet.