"What If We Were All The Same is an inspirational and warm celebration of the differences in all living things..."
- 2020 BIBA(R) Children's Winner
- Featured on BBC CBeebies Lunchtime Stories (2020)
- Finalist in the 14th Annual National Indie Excellence(R) Awards (2020)
- 2020 Gold recipient of the prestigious Mom's Choice Award
- Award Winner in the 2019 Children's Picture Book Category by American Book Fest
What If We Were All The Same embraces all of our beautiful differences. Aimed to help children understand there are many great reasons for being friends with those who are different than they are. Whether they have red hair or brown hair, green eyes or blue eyes, long legs or short legs, light skin or dark skin, glasses, uses a wheelchair, or anything else, it's absolutely OKAY Our differences are what makes us unique and if we truly think about it, would you want to be the exact same as someone else?
What If We Were All The Same is fun-filled with rhymes and colorful illustrations, brings attention to tough topics children can relate to.
- Great book for parents; conversation starter to discuss prejudices and racism to kids
- Great book for librarians and teachers; school introduction or back-to-school reading
- Great book to discuss friendship, acceptance, empathy, bullying, and more
- Great multicultural representation of diversity, inclusion, and acceptance
About the Author
Charity Michelle Harris, the award-winning author of What If We Were All The Same! spent her childhood worrying what other kids thought about her. She was teased for being skinny and for the way she walked, due to being diagnosed with Charcot Marie-Tooth Disease at the age of seven. Charity wrote Just Because... as a reminder to herself, and to you that we were born as we are for a reason. Just because you are different or have different circumstances does not mean we can't be proud of those differences. We can accept them, and embrace who we are. Charity lives in Southern California with her service dog, Gareth, and enjoys visiting schools where she spreads the joy of friendship, acceptance, and inclusion. Charity loves working with children and has been a private tutor for over ten years. She has her Bachelor of Fine Arts in graphic design, with a minor in marketing management from California Polytechnic University, Pomona and is also a certified ADA coordinator.
Publishing children's books that make a difference.