Discover how the lost art of wonder can help you cultivate greater creativity, resilience, meaning, and joy as you bring your greatest contributions to life.
Beyond grit, focus, and 10,000 hours lies a surprising advantage that all creatives have--wonder
. Far from child's play, wonder is the one radical quality that has led exemplary people from all walks of life to move toward the fruition of their deepest dreams and wildest endeavors--and it can do so for you, too.
"Wonder is a quiet disruptor of unseen biases," writes Jeffrey Davis. "It dissolves our habitual ways of seeing and thinking so that we may glimpse anew the beauty of what is real, true, and possible." Rich with wisdom, inspiring stories, and practical tools, Tracking Wonder
invites us to explore how the lost art of wonder can inspire a life of greater joy, possibility, and purpose. You'll discover:
- The six facets of wonder--key qualities to help you cultivate the art of wonder in your work, relationships, and life
- How wonder can help us fertilize creativity, sustain the motivation to pursue big ideas, navigate uncertainty and crises, deepen our relationships, and more
- The biases against wonder--moving beyond societal and internalized resistance to our inherent gifts
- Why experiencing wonder isn't really about achieving goals--though that happens--but about how we live each day
- Inspiring stories of people whose experiences of wonder helped them move through the unthinkable to create extraordinary lives
- Practical exercises, tools, and reflections to help you begin your own practice of tracking wonder
Radically veering from the exhausting hyperproductivity narrative we're too often sold, Tracking Wonder
is a welcome guide for experiencing more meaning and joy in the present moment as you bring your greatest contributions to life.