Being Zen(ish) is what we call it--and it's the ish that we endorse!
Teresa Palmer and Sarah Wright Olsen, two moms from opposite sides of the world, are doing their best to raise happy, empathetic children while working, traveling, and maintaining their sanity. With seven kids between them, the founders of the much-loved Your Zen Mama blog know as well as anyone that motherhood doesn't exist in the highlight reel of life, and that finding even a fleeting semblance of calm among the epic ebbs and flows of parenting is usually all you can hope for!
So forget perfection and prepare to get real, vulnerable, and dirty (mostly from guacamole) with Sarah and Teresa, as they share knowledge they've collected over the years, from the Your Zen Mama community and expert mentors, as well as being in the trenches of parenthood themselves.
Whether it's dealing with fertility challenges or pregnancy loss, riding out a long and complicated labor, or juggling multiple kids (and work!), these mamas have been through it--and have written this gorgeous book to help you find your own glimpses of Zen along the way.
Readers of The Zen Mama Guide to Finding Your Rhythm in Pregnancy, Birth, and Beyond will benefit from . . .
- Important questions to ask and decisions to make before and during pregnancy
- Essential guidance from a woman's point of view for conception, pregnancy, and childbirth
- Nutritional and dietary advice to support the complete health of both mother and baby
- Practical education about the mother's body before, after, and during pregnancy
- Science-based methods to promote a mother's healthy body and mind
- Expert advice from medical professionals, chiropractors, and pediatricians
- Engaging, accessible advice for every step of the newborn's journey
- Suggestions and tips for creating a birthing plan
- Comforting language to address fertility challenges, pregnancy loss, and complicated labor
- Tips to celebrate the parenthood journey, in all its complexity and beauty
- Earned and lived wisdom collected and shared by real mothers in the Your Zen Mama community
- Access to the Your Zen Mama resource guide
About the Author
Teresa Palmer is a mother of three, Bodhi, Forest and Poet, and stepmother to Isaace. She has starred in many major films, including Mel Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge, for which she received an AACTA nomination for best supporting actress, and Ride Like a Girl, the biopic of trailblazing Melbourne Cup winner Michelle Payne. She is currently playing the starring role in the Sky series A Discovery of Witches while running the plant-based wellness brand Lovewell.
Sarah Wright Olsen is a mother of three, Esme, Wyatt and Winter. She started the website Yourzenmama.com with her partner Palmer to help support mothers, fathers and caregivers and provide a safe space to learn and share stories about the parenting journey. Sarah has starred in many TV shows and movies including Mad Men, Parks and Recreation, The House Bunny and Tom Cruise in American Made. She is currently has a show on Netflix called Spinning Out. Sarah is also the co-owner of a plant-based organic mommy/baby skincare line, baeo.com. She is married to Eric Christian Olsen who stars on the long-running TV series, NCIS: Los Angeles.