This is absorbing, headlong reading, a play on classic horror with an inventiveness of its own... As with all the best illusions, you are left feeling not tricked, but full of wonder.
- The New York Times
The haunting new thriller from Alex North, author of the New York Times bestseller The Whisper Man
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Praise for THE SHADOWSNorth follows up his sensational debut, 2019's The Whisper Man, with another terrifying sping-tingler... This heart-pounding page-turner is impossible to put down.
- Publishers Weekly (starred review) Praise for THE WHISPER MAN "Works beautifully... If you like being terrified, The Whisper Man has your name on it."
- The New York Times (Editor's Pick) "Superb."
- Publishers Weekly (starred review) "Poignant and terrifying...Take a deep breath before diving into this one."
- Entertainment Weekly "Brilliant...an affirmation of the power of the father-son relationship...will satisfy readers of Thomas Harris and Stephen King."
- Booklist (starred review) "A terrifying page-turner with the complexities of fatherhood at its core."
- Kirkus Reviews "A powerful and scary story that will haunt readers long after the final page is turned."
- Library Journal "First it's spooky. Then it's scary. Then it's terrifying. And then... well, dear reader, proceed at your own risk. An ambitious, deeply satisfying thriller--a seamless blend of Harlan Coben, Stephen King, and Thomas Harris. My flesh is still crawling."
- A.J. Finn, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Woman in the Window