The Rough Guide to South America on a Budget (Travel Guide)
Discover this dazzling continent with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to sample the street food at Paraguay's Mercado 4, spot a giant turtle in Ecuador's Galápagos, or strut your stuff in Brazil's Carnaval parades, The Rough Guide to South America on a Budget will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way -without blowing your budget.
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate Brasilía's airplane-shaped network or Cusco's ancient streets without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Ideas - Rough Guides' rundown of South America's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Argentina; Bolivia; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Ecuador; The Guianas; Paraguay; Peru; Uruguay; Venezuela.
Attractions include: Cañón de Colca, Peru; Easter Island, Chile;Iguazú Falls, Argentina; Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia; The Amazon, Brazil; ThePantanal, Brazil; Kaieteur Falls, Guyana.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, and more.
- Background information - a language section to help you get by in Spanish and Portuguese
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with The Rough Guide to South America on a Budget
About Rough Guides Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our "tell it like it is" attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we've published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate