The Invisible Corset: Break Free from Beauty Culture and Embrace Your Radiant Self
Lauren Geertsen (Author)
Pre-Order Ships Jan 19, 2021
Learn to love your body--for real this timeWomen in touch with the wisdom of their bodies are the single greatest threat to societal systems of domination, oppression, and control. We are also the greatest possibility to bring healing, peace, and restoration to our world. --Lauren Geertsen No matter how much we try to tell ourselves to love our bodies and accept our flaws, most women can't quite get there. Even though we know the beauty standard is unrealistic, we secretly feel like it would be so much easier if our stomach were just a little flatter, or our skin a little smoother, or a million other little things. As a result, we sacrifice our health, heritage, sanity, and lives on the altar of beauty culture. Why is it so hard to feel confident about our bodies, or even just accept them?
Because willpower alone isn't enough to undo generations of brainwashing intended to repress women's confidence and power. In The Invisible Corset, Geertsen carefully illustrates the psychological gaslighting that leads women to internalize the belief that their appearance makes them not only unworthy of love, but incapable of fulfilling their actual destiny. By highlighting each restricting string of the invisible corset all women wear, Geertsen helps us reclaim our bodies for ourselves, discovering newfound confidence, power, joy, and pleasure as we do. You'll explore: - How the invisible corset cuts you off from your body's wisdom and nature's intelligence--the true sources of your intuition, pleasure, and power
- How beauty culture is the most recent form of patriarchal oppression -- and why women are both responsible and able to free ourselves
- Why the body positivity movement often makes self-criticism even worse
- The racist history of beauty culture, and how it still perpetuates racism today
- Journaling prompts, rituals, meditations, and other exercises to help unravel the toxic beliefs that keep the invisible corset in place
- A variety of practices to help you reconnect with your body--to tune into your intuition, set healthy boundaries, align with your True Self, and more For any woman who is ready to go from struggle, discomfort, control, and shame to pleasure, confidence, freedom, and soul-fulfilling purpose, The Invisible Corset is an essential guide.
January 19, 2021
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
LAUREN GEERTSEN is a body connection coach who helps women heal their relationship with food and body image. In her previous work as a nutrition consultant, Lauren realized the underlying problem for her clients was distrust of their bodies, which results from wearing the invisible corset. She now helps clients around the world trust their bodies and step into their soul purpose. Her website, empoweredsustenance.com, has supported over 40 million readers with holistic recipes and resources.