Vegan chef of one of the top 50 food blogs on the Web, HappyHerbivore.com, Lindsay Nixon, gives hundreds of thousands of her followers recipes each month, showing that the vegan diet is not only healthy but delicious, too.
Now, Nixon combines some of her tastiest recipes in The Happy Herbivore Cookbook
, each made with no added fats, using only whole, plant-based foods. It's easy to make great food at home using the fewest number of ingredients and ones that can easily be found at any store, on any budget. The Happy Herbivore Cookbook
- A variety of recipes from quick and simple to decadent and advanced
- Helpful hints and cooking tips, from basic advice such as how to steam potatoes to more specific information about which bread, tofu or egg replacer works best in a recipe
- An easy-to-use glossary demystifying any ingredients that may be new to the reader
- Healthy insight: Details on the health benefits and properties of key ingredients
- Pairing suggestions with each recipe to help make menu planning easy and painless
- Allergen-free recipes, including gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, and sugar-free
With a conventionally organized format; easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions; nutritional analyses, colorful photographs; funny blurbs at the beginning of each recipe; helpful tips throughout; and chef's notes suggesting variations for each dish, even the most novice cook will find healthy cooking easy--and delicious!
About the Author
Lindsay S. Nixon is the bestselling author of the Happy Herbivore cookbook series: The Happy Herbivore Cookbook, Everyday Happy Herbivore and Happy Herbivore Abroad. As of September 2012, Nixon has sold more than 100,000 cookbooks. Nixon has been featured on The Food Network and Dr. Oz, and she has spoken at Google. Her recipes have also been featured in The New York Times, Vegetarian Times magazine, Shape Magazine, Bust, Women's Health, WebMD, and countless other online publications. A rising star in the culinary world, Nixon is praised for her ability to use everyday ingredients to create healthy, low-fat recipes that taste just as delicious as they are nutritious. Learn more about Nixon and try some of her recipes on her award-winning blog happyherbivore.com.