The revised new edition of the must-read guide for executives--provides comprehensive coverage of topics in corporate governance by leading subject-matter experts
The Handbook of Board Governance is the marketing-leading text on public, nonprofit, and private board governance. Providing comprehensive, in-depth coverage, this unique text represents a collaboration of internationally-recognized academics and prominent organization directors, executives, managers, and advisors. Contributors include Ariel Fromer Babcock, Robert Eccles, Alice Korngold, Ellie Mulholland, Michael Useem, Elizabeth Valentine and John Zinkin. Practical, expert guidance enables readers to understand value creation and the strategic role of the board, risk governance and oversight, audit and compensation committee effectiveness, CEO succession planning, and other diverse board duties and responsibilities.
Now in its second edition, the Handbook offers substantial updates and revisions reflecting contemporary trends, practices, and developments in board governance. New content includes discussions of pressing issues related to climate change, examination of information technology and cybersecurity challenges, and recent tax legislation that will impact executive compensation. Editor Dr. Richard Leblanc--an award-winning teacher, professor, lawyer, management consultant, and specialist on boards of directors--integrates practical experience and academic rigor to assist readers:
- Build and strengthen engaged and collaborative leadership in the boardroom
- Recognize the role and responsibilities of a well-functioning governing board
- Risk governance, assurance, and the duties of directors
- Keep pace with new trends in board governance and shareholder responsibility
- Measure performance and align performance measurement to executive pay
- Understand information technology governance, sustainability governance, and the different forms of governance
Highly relevant to board and committee members regardless of sector or industry, The Handbook of Board Governance, 2nd Edition is an invaluable source of knowledge on all aspects of corporate and organization governance.