A Step-by-Step Guide for Cultivating Financial Well-Being "Money is a story, one that too often is used against us. When you're ready to engage with intention, this book can help rewrite your story." --Seth Godin, author of The Practice
Does prosperity lead to happiness ... or is it the other way around?
As a therapist, Joyce Marter noticed an extraordinary trend: as her clients improved their mental health, they also began receiving raises, getting promotions, finding better jobs, or starting their own successful businesses.
Since that epiphany, Marter has become a go-to expert on the "Psychology of Success"--establishing ways to help you improve your financial well-being by focusing on your psychological and relational issues around money. With The Financial Mindset Fix
, Marter crystallizes her most powerful and effective practices for long-term prosperity. Here, she guides you through 12 essential mindsets for transforming your relationship with yourself to welcome a life of wealth. Within each are innovative exercises, self-assessment tools, and insights for shifting into a mindset of abundance.
In The Financial Mindset Fix
, you will discover:
- What it means to cultivate a holistic view of success
- Why mindsets based on scarcity and zero-sum thinking lead to suffering
- Possible triggers for financially risky behavior and how to defuse their power
- The simultaneously challenging and surprisingly easy task of proper budgeting
- Why holding on to resentment also holds you back from your potential
- How to manage the desires of the ego without becoming either a doormat or a diva
- Why acknowledging your interconnection with others gives rise to stronger empathy and collaboration
- Mindfulness, lovingkindness, self-inquiry, and other practices--all refocused on financial wellness
"We are all works in progress," writes Marter. "No matter where you are on your journey, these tools are meant to be lifelong companions to a life of greater prosperity and joy."
About the Author
Joyce Marter, LCPC, is a psychotherapist, successful entrepreneur, adjunct faculty at Northwestern University, national speaker, and thought leader in mental health. She is the founder of Urban Balance, a nationwide counseling practice, and provides trainings on mental health and success for Fortune 500 companies. She has written for HuffPost, Spirituality & Health, and The Good Men Project, among others. She has been featured in countless media outlets, including CNN, MTV, and the Wall Street Journal. For more, see joyce-marter.com.