The Everything Reading Music: A Step-By-Step Introduction to Understanding Music Notation and Theory
DescriptionRead and play music in no time! Have fun learning to read music with this easy-to-follow guide. The Everything Reading Music Book has all it takes for you to quickly master and appreciate the fundamentals of music notation and theory so you can read and understand music like a pro. Filled with hundreds of examples and a bonus CD bringing the essential lessons to life, this is the all-in-one handbook you need to learn fast! Get the skills you need to read music like an expert with:
- Detailed descriptions of how to understand rhythm, rests, meter and time
- The key to reading expression markings, dynamics and other essential symbols
- How to form scales, chords, intervals, key signatures and other vital theory topics
- Chord progressions in all keys from basic to advanced progressions
- Demystification of instrument transpositions
- Instrument ranges, common foreign language terms and much more
- Applications to all instruments and every style of music
Sheets of music can be intimidating - music is another language! But The Everything Reading Music Book has all you need to speak fluently.
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Marc Schonbrun graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Crane School of Music studying composition, theory, history, and performance. He taught guitar at the prestigious National Guitar Summer Workshop alongside legends like Pat Martino, Jim Hall and John Scofield. Marc is a noted educator and lecturer holding clinics and seminars in music education and music technology around the country. He is also the author of The Everything Rock and Blues Guitar Book, The Everything Guitar Chords Book and The Everything Home Recording Book.