Learn how to stay sane and ensure both you and your business thrive for years.
You run a business. And running a business is hard. It can ruin your health. It can ruin your relationships. It can ruin your life. But only if you don't equip yourself for the journey. The responsibility, stress and loneliness of being an entrepreneur are a far cry from your friends who work salaried jobs. The path of least resistance is to let the stress and isolation of starting, running and growing a business infiltrate most aspects of your life.
Over and over we've watched our fellow entrepreneurs succumb to the mental toll and chaos of running a business. We've also experienced it firsthand as we've launched and grown our own businesses.
Odds are good that you've been overwhelmed at some point. Maybe you've read self help books only to find that books about stress management typically don't take into account the unique experience of entrepreneurs. Or they're 'lifehacks' written by a blogger with no formal training, offering advice based on anecdotes. Why do I need this book?
- You want to invest in yourself (and consequently, your business).
- You want to learn proven strategies, tactics and techniques to overcome the challenges that cause you heartburn and headaches.
- You want to get off the treadmill of stress, anxiety and isolation that entrepreneurship brings.
- You want to prevent burnout, depression, isolation, and the emergence of damaging coping strategies and self-sabotaging choices.
Every aspect of this book is a pairing of psychological expertise with decades of entrepreneurial experience.
Author, Seth Godin calls it, "A personal, generous and incredibly useful guide to staying sane and changing the world at the same time. Read it before you think you need it."
Here are just a few things you will take away:
- New ways to deal with the responsibility and fear that go along with being an entrepreneur
- Why knowing yourself and where you came from is crucial to your success
- How to succeed as an entrepreneur no matter your personality type
- How to keep stress from ruining your relationships
- Dealing with depression, anxiety, burnout, ADHD and other common psychological burdens
- How to get more things done - and faster - by dealing with procrastination, distraction and muddled priorities
- How to deal with overwhelming (seemingly) massive failures
- How to find personal calm in the midst of chaos
- And much more...
Love the book? Read a review And join the conversation by joining our Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/zenfounder/
About the Author
Sherry holds a PhD in clinical psychology and is an entrepreneur. Rob is a serial entrepreneur who has launched, grown and sold multiple startups over the past 18 years (MicroConf, HitTale, Drip and counting). At this point we've pretty much seen it all (well, maybe not everything - but we've seen a lot) through our conversations with tens of thousands of entrepreneurs via: Our long-running and popular podcast ZenFounder Hundreds of one-on-one and group consultations Dozens of yearly speaking engagements We've seen the patterns that bring entrepreneurs down time and again. But we've also discovered the strategies, tactics, and techniques that have helped entrepreneurs like you triumph over the struggles of running a business. That's why we sat down to write this book... to share the successful patterns we've observed from thousands of entrepreneurs: the strategies, tactics and techniques they use to triumph over the treacherous journey of running a business.