When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules...
Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury's to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne'er-do-wells by night. Now there's a new item on the list. He needs an heir--which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladstone, a vicar's daughter turned seamstress, appears in his library wearing a wedding gown, he decides on the spot that she'll do.
His terms are simple:
- They will be husband and wife by night only.
- No lights, no kissing.
- No questions about his battle scars.
- Last, and most importantly... Once she's pregnant with his heir, they need never share a bed again.
But Emma is no pushover. She has a few rules of her own:
- They will have dinner together every evening.
- With conversation.
- And unlimited teasing.
- Last, and most importantly... Once she's seen the man beneath the scars, he can't stop her from falling in love...
About the Author
Tessa Dare is the New York Times bestselling, award-winning author of more than a dozen historical romances. A librarian by training and a book-lover at heart, Tessa makes her home in Southern California, where she shares a cozy, cluttered bungalow with her husband, their two children, and a pair of cosmic kittens.
Mary Jane Wells trained as an actress at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. Work in the UK embraced a balance of theatre, film, and TV. Latterly, she was the series voice for BBC3's My Childhood, which won a BAFTA, the campaign voice for many companies, and Cate Blanchett's voicematch at Dreamworks. She is also the voice of the 2 books that officially inspired Downton Abbey, The Girl Who Saved Christmas, and more.