A new and updated edition of the only sailing manual that you will ever need.
Whether you're a seasoned seafarer or just starting out, this fully revised and updated sailing manual is perfect for all levels of experience. Learn how to handle any sailing situation with thorough coverage of all aspects of sailing and boat ownership
Inside the pages of this new edition of the go-to guide about sailing and boat maintenance, you'll discover:
- Comprehensive coverage of all aspects of sailing practice written by an expert sailor
- Fully updated contents with the latest information and advice, and technological developments
- A chapter by chapter approach that functions as a complete tuition course on seamanship
- Authoritative text, clear, annotated diagrams, and action photographs
- A reliable, instant, and user-friendly handbook for any sailing situation
- Foreword by quadruple Olympic gold medalist, Sir Ben Ainslie
Former British national champion Steve Sleight offers a wealth of expert advice and guidance in the form of a complete tuition course on seamanship. The Complete Sailing Manual
is the ultimate sailing handbook that is packed with engaging essential information and breathtaking action photography. Handy diagrams, step-by-step artwork, and instructions will teach you all the latest sailing techniques.
This updated edition features all of the latest developments in sailing including foiling, long-distance cruising, and high-speed apparent-wind sailing and navigation. Explore new developments in sailing equipment such as modern performance systems, electronic navigation, and ways to use alternative energy on board. Explore the latest rules, regulations, and best practices from collision regulations to safety equipment. This essential sailing book is necessary for every keen sailor, from beginner to expert!