The cookbook that every student going off to college needs! Simple and delicious, easy-to-follow, few ingredient, cost- and time-efficient recipes for college students with no time, no money, and limited knowledge of how to cook for themselves.
- Over 100 easy, quick, tasty, and cheap recipes
- A perfect graduation gift
- Appeals to college students (and their parents) who want to eat fresh food fast, rather than processed food
- Easy-to-follow recipes can be quickly prepared using few ingredients in small lightly-equipped kitchens
- Microwave and no-bake recipes offer easy solutions for dorm-room meal preparation
- Recipes include shopping lists, meal prep tips, recipe short cuts, cooking time, and simple techniques for easy reference
- Special features give easy ideas on stretching one ingredient for the week
- Beautiful full-color photography throughout
Think outside of the (mac & cheese) box! Eating on a budget and with no time to cook doesn't mean one can't eat well. With this collection of quick and easy recipes, college students and other time-challenged, budget-conscious cooks can easily prepare low-cost, fresh-tasting dishes--whether they have access to a kitchen or are limited to the dorm kitchenette.
Step-by-step, no-fail, fresh and delicious recipes include make-ahead tips, shopping lists, and cooking time for easy reference. Lots of simple tips for stretching easy preparations to many meals. Instagram-worthy photos and lots of fun graphics offer inspiration.
Sample recipes include:
One-Dish Frittata 3 Ways; Best Breakfast Sandwich; Complete Breakfast in a Microwave; Chicken Tortilla Soup; Easy Restaurant-Style Ramen; Chinese Chicken Salad; Superfood Kale Salad;Veggie Toasts; Fully-Loaded Nachos; Israeli Couscous with Vegetables; Fresh Summer Rolls; Roast Chicken - 1 ingredient 4 ways; Yellow Chicken Curry; Mom's Turkey Meatloaf; Beef & Broccoli Stir-fry; One-Pan Soy-Glazed Salmon; Easy Skillet Lasagna; Penne with Quick Cauliflower Pesto; Apple Crumble; Ultimate Chocolate Brownies; 2-Ingredient Nutella Souffle.
- Soups & Salads
- Snacks, Sides & Small Plates
- 1 ingredient/4 meals
- Power Snacks
About the Author
Weldon Owen is an imprint of Insight Editions, a publisher of illustrated books on photography, music, and popular culture. Elegant and informative, their books showcase the best of art, photography, and design in exquisite presentations of the bookmaker's craft. They are located in San Rafael, CA.