The Coconut Oil Handbook: How to Lose Weight, Improve Cholesterol, Alleviate Allergies, Renew Your Skin, and Get Healthier with Coconut Oil
Jamie Wright (Author)
DescriptionThe Coconut Oil Handbook is the definitive guide when it comes to improving health through use of coconut oil. Written off for years as an unhealthy oil, coconut oil has seen a huge surge in popularity in recent years as more and more people come to realize the many health benefits it has to offer. The saturated fat in coconut oil is good fat full of healthy fatty acids that can be used to improve your health in a number of ways. The following topics are covered in The Coconut Oil Handbook
- Is coconut oil as good as some experts would have you believe?
- The only kind of coconut oil you should use.
- Why we're getting fatter as a nation and how we can put a stop to it with coconut oil.
- Why hydrogenated oils are bad for you.
- How to use coconut oil to improve your cholesterol levels.
- The many faces of fat.
- Why certain types of fat are good for you.
- Killer trans fats and their impact on your body.
- The coconut oil saturated fat myth.
- Why "healthy" oils and butter replacements may not be as healthy as you think they are.
- How the lauric acid in coconut oil benefits your health.
Coconut oil is an all-natural remedy for a number of illnesses and ailments. It's used the world over for everything from weight loss to skin care. The medium-chain fatty acids and other nutrients found in coconut oil are believed to deliver the following health benefits, which are all covered in this book:
- Allergy relief.
- Reduction of inflammation in the body, which is thought to be a contributing cause to a number of other health issues ranging from cancer to diabetes.
- It enhances nutrient uptake.
- Gives breast milk a healthy boost.
- Fights off candida albicans (yeast) infections.
- Hemorrhoid relief.
- Thyroid health.
- Weight loss.
- Provides a quick energy boost.
- Skin and hair care.
- May help fight off diabetes.
- May help fight off the effects of Alzheimer's disease.
Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
April 29, 2013
5.98 X 0.28 X 9.02 inches | 0.41 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Jamie Wright blogs at Jamie the Very Worst Missionary and travels widely to speak in support of groups working against human trafficking. She lives with her husband, their teenage sons, and their celebrity cat, Knives, in Northern California.