The CIA World Factbook
Central Intelligence Agency (Author)
DescriptionFrom Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, The CIA World Factbook 2014 offers complete and up-to-date information on the world's nations. This comprehensive guide is packed with detailed information on the politics, populations, military expenditures, and economics of 2014.
For each country, The CIA World Factbook 2014 includes:
- Detailed maps with new geopolitical data
- Statistics on the population of each country, with details on literacy rates, HIV prevalence, and age structure
- New data on military expenditures and capabilities
- Information on each country's climate and natural hazards
- Details on prominent political parties, and contact information for diplomatic consultation
- Facts on transportation and communication infrastructure
- And much more!
Also included are appendixes with useful abbreviations, international environmental agreements, international organizations and groups, weight and measure conversions, and more. Originally intended for use by government officials, this is a must-have resource for students, travelers, journalists, and businesspeople with a desire to know more about their world.
October 01, 2013
7.13 X 9.97 X 1.51 inches | 2.54 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
The Central Intelligence Agency is an independent agency responsible for providing national security intelligence to senior US policymakers. The CIA is separated into four basic components: the National Clandestine Service, the Directorate of Intelligence, the Directorate of Science & Technology, and the Directorate of Support. They carry out "the intelligence cycle," the process of collecting, analyzing, and disseminating intelligence information to top US governmental officials. They are located in Langley, Virginia.