Read and find out about the stars and how to find the Big Dipper in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
Are the stars out tonight? If they are, chances are you'll be able to spot the Big Dipper. The Big Dipper is one of the easiest constellations to recognize, and this book will help young stargazers find it, as well as its companion, the Little Dipper. And once you've begun to learn about the constellations, the sky's the limit!
This is a clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom, and is sure to inspire skygazing.
This is a Level 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores introductory concepts perfect for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.